August 30
Since Jayda is showing that she is aware of her messy diapers(see Aug 16 journal), we wondered if she might be ready to start potty training. A friend offered to let us have her potty, so we put it in the bathroom. Jayda loves to sit on it, but doesn't really understand what she is supposed to do, so she'll just sit there looking up at us excitedly from her toilet. We might be a bit early for this, but it's still really cute.
August 31
As evidence of Jayda imitating everything she sees in us, we have two stories today. Pam has a little habit of twirling her fingers through her hair. Jayda has seen this, and after trying it in her own hair, which is too short to be much fun, she likes to twirl her fingers through Pam's hair. Also, the other day I (Jordan) had a bit of a stuffy nose and no tissues nearby, so I did what is know in some circles as a "snot-rocket" or "farmer's blow". A minute later, I saw Jayda trying to do the same thing. I guess if I want her to be a proper lady, I'll need to watch my behavior around her.
Sept. 1
Every day now, Jayda surprises us with a new word she has learned. Today, it was "more". She was sitting at the dinner table, having finished her plate. Usually she will just scream or grunt to get our attention, but today she just kept saying "moe" until we brought her more food.
Sept. 2
For the past couple of weeks, we have had a lot of new people moving into our ward with the start of the school year. Since we are usually late, the only seats left when we get there are the two rows vacated by the deacons after passing the sacrament. Unfortunately, they are right by the ramp up to the stand, and Jayda loves climbing up there and running around. She's learned that I'll grab her if she goes too far up the ramp, so now she goes one or two steps up the ramp and turns around and looks at me. Then she waits until I happen to look away, and she makes a break for it, requiring me to chase her up the stage while trying not to distract from the speaker.
No comments:
Post a Comment